Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Popular Culture these days

I'm watching the top hip hop best songs and its crazy how you see the
evolution of music is. From africka bambatta to Wu tang clan its just
amazing how the records just affect lives. The are anthems that had even
my dad say man that record was a hit! What? What yoi know about that?
But it makes you feel like what artists right now can give us those same
feelings? Kanye of course but like as much as people like to talk about
soulja boy I think he made a smash in music history with Crank That. Say
what you want, but Dre did his thing with that song and now has took
over the club scene with "Donk" and his new album gonna have ppl say
that shit wack but as soon as Gucci Bandana or Birdwalk come on, you
busting moves or gettin hyped.

I feel as if todays popular culture has helped lead the lives for
people. I mean you can't tell me that "Live Your Life" and "My life,
Your Entertainment" aint connecting with your life in someway or the
other.
TI made some hits with his album, Paper Trail, and I feel that's it was
his best album to date.
As far as record sales, I think the best album sales are the ones that
show the public that they put their all in the album. You how some
albums just have there 2 to 3 singles and the rest is just some bullshit
they had to put on cause the label was pushing them to release? Yea,
those ones have bad record sales.

No comments: